Advanced Open Water Diver
Take your diving skills to the next level.
Discovering, diving deeper, navigating, feeling even more free in the water. Enjoying it even more. That is what the Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. You go further after getting your Open Water Diver certification. We are going to make you an advanced diver! Through different dives and exercises we are going to increase your confidence underwater and expand your diving skills so you can get even more fun out of diving. After completing this course you will be able to dive deeper, navigate on your own and optimize your buoyancy.
What we are going to do
The advanced open water diver course consists of a theoretical and a practical part. The theoretical part can be taken online or at the dive center. We start with the online course so you have the basics of the theory and more time for practice. Because in the end that's what it's all about!
- At the diving school we go through the theory to make sure you are familiar with all the terms
- A natural navigation dive
- A compass navigation dive
- Two deep dives between at least 24 meters and 32 meters
- A bouyancy dive
- Maximum diving depth is up to 32 metres
What you need
- Minimum age for participation: 14
- You have the Open Water Diver certificate or equivalent
- A valid medical certificate ( Fit to Dive)
- Signed liability waiver (in case of minors, the parents/guardian sign)
After completion of the course you will receive the worldwide recognized IDD certification Advanced Open Water Diver maximum depth 32 meters.
After finishing the Advanced Open Water you can for example follow the Rescue course. But it can become even more fun. This certification opens the door to even more great diving specialties. What about wreck diving, diving from a boat somewhere on the ocean, letting yourself drift with the current (so-called Drift Diving) or for example night diving. Get inspired on the page Advanced Diving.
Diving only gets more fun with IDD!
Come to one of the affiliated 'Take the Challenge' diving schools and register for the Advanced Open Water Diver course.