Enriched Air Nitrox
Learn to dive with enriched oxygen.
Diving longer with higher oxygen content air. One of the limitations we have underwater is time. You have probably already experienced that you are floating and enjoying the flora and fauna under water and that you have to ascend again according to the dive planner. At IDD we have specialized in diving with Enriched Air Nitrox. This is a way to increase your diving time in a safe and responsible way by using a higher percentage of oxygen and a lower percentage of nitrogen compared to 'regular' air. In this course we teach you the advantages, disadvantages and of course the safety reflexes of diving with Enriched Air Nitrox with an oxygen percentage between 22 and 40. Diving with nitrox gives you less build-up of nitrogen, which means more energy to the tissues and therefore less fatigue. It also reduces the risk of bone degradation (bone necrosis).
What we are going to do
Most diving equipment and dive computers can handle enriched air. We will go through the equipment with you and check if your equipment, if any, meets the recommendations. Most dive equipment and dive computers can handle enriched air. We will go through the equipment with you and check if your equipment, if any, is compatible with the recommendations.
- You will practice with special markings on the cylinder and with the use of the oxygen analyzer
- We will discuss the points of attention regarding equipment and enriched oxygen
- During the practical exercises you will learn how to deal with oxygen exposure, how to analyse the oxygen percentage in the air cylinder and you will learn how to set up your dive computer.
- The course consists of a minimum of 6 theory modules and at least 1 optional outdoor module
What you need
The right diving equipment. Check with your dive center to see if you have the right equipment and/or if they can help you with this.
- Minimum age for participation: 12
- (Junior) Open Water Diver certification
Come to one of the affiliated diving schools and register for the training.