Learn to dive extensively.
Another world. Beautiful, silent, weightless. An amazing experience that will get you hooked. We can tell you about it for hours, or we can show you the most beautiful images, but actually there is only one way to really convince you and that is to just try it! The Ocean Explorer Course is a comprehensive introduction to the sport of diving for anyone with no previous experience.
What are we going to do?
We can offer tailor-made solutions to the student, because we work with a modular learning system.
- You learn the theory about your diving equipment.
- You practice first in the pool and/or sheltered outdoor water.
- You dive at least 1 time in the open water under the guidance of an IDD Divemaster or higher.
- Maximum diving depth is up to 12 metres
We are going to explain to you the different parts of the diving equipment. For example, we'll cover:
- Stabilizing jacket
- Automatic regulator
- Mask and snorkel
- Diving fins
- Pressure differences
- Hand signals.
In the open water we treat:
- Look up regulator
- The use of the diving mask (clearing and putting on and taking off)
- Floating in the water
What do you need?
- Minimum age for participation: 10
After completing the course you will receive the IDD Ocean Explorer certification. You may only dive together with a certified divemaster or higher to a maximum depth of 12 meters.
Other great beginner courses
Do you want to get your full certification right away? Take a look at the Open Water Diver or if you are a little younger at the Junior Open Water Diver Brevet.