Managing Course Director
An IDD Managing Course Director may independently organise and train a number of framework courses. He may also organize and examine Instructor Cross-over courses. The IDD Managing Course Director qualification is a prerequisite for the position of IDD Examiner and can only be obtained on the recommendation of an IDD Examiner or Staff Member at IDD Headquarters.
How to become an IDD Managing Course Director
You do not need to attend a training course. You become a Managing Course Director by nomination of an IDD examiner or by staff members of the IDD Headquarters.
What you need
- Minimum age 18 years
- You are certified as a Course Director
- You have trained at least 10 students at instructor level (including Specialty Instructor certifications)
- You promote and support the IDD activities
- You support the IDD philosophy.
After getting the license:
- Schedule an IDD Instructor Training Course (ITC) at least twice a year and teach an ITC at least once every two years.
- The IDD Course Director may independently train an IDD Open Water Instructor to become an IDD Specialty Instructor. This only applies to those specialties in which he/she has Instructor Trainer status.
- The IDD Course Director may independently train an IDD Master Diver Instructor.
- The IDD Course Director may independently train an IDD Staff Instructor, but the Final Exam (SIFE), will be administered by an IDD Examiner. or Auditor Examiner.
Contact the main office. We'll let you know if you're eligible.