Open Water Diver
Basic training for independent diving.
Diving is an adventure. Every time again. The worldwide recognized IDD Open Water Diver course teaches you everything you need to know to explore the wondrous underwater world together with your buddy. Experience what it's like to float completely weightless. At IDD it's all about fun and safety. You learn in a natural way step by step everything that is needed. To get to know all the basics you will start with theory and in the pool or confined water. This way you'll be well prepared for the open water. To get in the mood, you can start with the theory online or go to the dive center.
What are we going to do?
We can offer tailor-made solutions to the student, because we work with a modular learning system.
- You start with the theory at a diving school or online.
- Diving exercises in the swimming pool and/or sheltered outdoor water
- You do a minimum of 5 modules in the open water under supervision of an IDD Instructor.
- You will carry out at least 1 independent planned dive under the supervision of a Dive Master or higher
- Maximum diving depth is up to 20 metres
What do you need?
- Minimum age for participation: 12
- A previously obtained license is not necessary.
After completing the course you will receive the IDD Open Water Diver certificate. From the age of 14 onwards an Open Water Diver is allowed to dive together with another licensed Open Water Diver up to 20 meters. If you are 12 or 13 years old you are only allowed to dive with an adult certified Open Water Diver up to 12 meters.